With a team of experienced aquaculture professionals based throughout Australia and New Zealand, Fresh by Design offers the most comprehensive and diverse source of consultancy in the region to guarantee the best outcome for your business or project. All of our staff have extensive operational experience in commercial RAS operation and maintenance along with similar experience in the design processes. This sets us apart from other suppliers and allows us to guarantee all our work so you can ensure operational outputs are as you expect.
Our main focus areas include:
- (RAS) Recirculating Aquaculture System Design, Supply and Construction
- Sizing and concept plans
- Production planning
- Livestock management
- Equipment, infrastructure and building sizing
- Building and system layouts
- Engineered system designs
- BIM modelling of all componentry
- Onsite consultancy for new and existing facilities
- New facilities
- System concepts
- Site selection
- Local and national approvals
- Business plans/project models
- Existing Facilities
- Equipment replacement for reduced maintenance and lower energy consumption
- System appraisal for functionality, energy efficiency or upgrade options for improved water quality
- New facilities
Fresh By Design supply the world’s best aquaculture equipment into the Australian and New Zealand aquaculture industries, with an ever changing product range to suit clients needs and introduce new products and technology into the market.
FBD are Australian and New Zealand distributors for some of the leading aquaculture manufacturers in the world including:
- Varicon Aqua
- Dryden Aqua
- ClearWater Tech
- FFAZ Feeders
- Angel Aqua
- Oasis Heat Pumps
Aquaculture & Aquaponic System Design, Supply and Installation
FBD have designed and installed commercial systems spanning over 10 years with several projects in the range of $5-10million. Our main areas of focus for design and supply are:
Commercial Production Systems
- Early rearing
- Ongrowing Systems
- Algae systems
- Intake water sterilisation and treatment
- Retrofit and bespoke design
- Specialist species include Salmon, Trout, Barramundi, Prawns, Yellowtail Kingfish, Coral trout, Galaxiids, Tilapia, Abalone, Crayfish, Yabbies’, Seaweed and Micro-algae along with the ability to develop other species as needed
Research and Development systems
- Rack/Aquarium systems
- Variable parameter (temperature) systems for feed/growth trials
- Waste and feed collection
- New Species Development
Live Seafood Holding Systems
Live seafood holding systems are necessary for holding and purging of live product before sale and export. Species such as coral trout, eels, grouper, lobster, crab, abalone, shellfish and many other species are commonly caught and sold into the live trade, and FBD specialize in the design of systems to house these animals and provide systems with the technology to meet the requirement of each individual species.
- Coral trout
Purging and Depuration Systems
Purging systems have changed dramatically recently and FBD experience will ensure you get optimum quality product in the shortest timeframe. An effective depuration and purging system allow the system to be heavily loaded whilst still maintaining optimum water quality for the fish to ensure a premium quality end product being delivered to market. Depuration systems require clean water to ensure optimum removal of off flavours associated with Geosmin and MIB found in pond and RAS produced fish. FBD has extensive experience in the design and installation of purging and depuration systems for many Australian species.
Commercial Life Support system (LSS) design, retrofit and supply
FBD are constantly working with customers and institutions to supply full turnkey life support systems (LSS) and supply product for the retrofit of existing systems to meet higher demands or replace existing technology. With access to some of the worlds more reliable and effective equipment for all aspects of the aquatic industries, you can be confident we can supply, design and install equipment and systems to suit your needs.
Aquaria System Design for Quarantine, Display, Holding and Research systems
FBD have the expertise and resources to supply effective filtration and LSS systems for any aquaria system, large or small. Whether you have a display tank requiring a single piece of equipment, or need a filtration system for multiple aquaria, we have the expertise to assist you. From import fish quarantine systems, retail aquarium holding systems, university and research tank systems, or a single display aquarium, we can size and supply whatever you may need.
For any custom plastic or steel fabrication, contact FBD for a detailed quote and information on the capabilities within our state-of-the-art factory. Custom work includes CNC routing, HDPE and acrylic fabrication as well as stainless steel welding and construction.
FBD develop many bespoke products for our systems that we fabricate in house such as:
- Filtration systems
- Biological Filters (MBBR and Trickle)
- Sump Tanks
- Egg Incubators and Troughs
- Optimal tank inlets and outlets
- Automated oxygenation systems
FBD also specialise in the following areas of the Aquaculture, Aquaponics and Aquatics industries:
- Specialists in all Biofilter design requirements including:
- Moving Bed Biological Reactor
- Fixed/Static Bed
- Trickle Filters
- Media Filters
- Pump sizing and application recommendations
- Foam Fractionation and Ozone system design
- Wastewater remediation and system design
- Aeration and Oxygen system design including emergency backup
Future Fisheries Veterinary Services are aligned with Fresh By Design to provide industry leading vet support. Matt Landos works closely with the FBD team and their clients to ensure quality service.
- Diagnostic investigations
- Fish health and production advice
- Vaccine development
- Farm design
- Full range of diagnostics available
- Expertise in marine and freshwater fish, crustacea and molluscs.
Dr Matt Landos BVSc(HonsI) MANZCVS
Director, Future Fisheries Veterinary Service Pty Ltd
Honorary lecturer and associate researcher, Sydney University, Faculty of Veterinary Science
Mobile: + 61 (0) 437 492 863
Fresh By Design work constantly to improve product design, system design and technical support so that you, the end user, gets superior products and service at the best possible price.
FBD works with suppliers of some of the best equipment in the world in order to be able to supply the most up to date and current technology.
Our ongoing research and training ensures not only that you have access to the most up to date and efficient equipment, but also that existing products continue to get better.
If you’d like to discuss our aquaculture consultancy services, please get in touch.
FRESH BY DESIGN PROJECTS
Fresh by Design is proud to announce the completion and official opening of Waikato University Macroalgae Research Facility in Tauranga, New Zealand