Aquaculture System Designer / Project Manager – Hobart
Fresh By Design is a leading Aquaculture supplier providing System Design and Installation, Project Management and Equipment supply. We are expanding and are currently looking to grow our Projects team. The System Designer / Project Manager will be involved in all aspects of aquaculture projects throughout Australia. This is a career building opportunity for an experienced candidate seeking progression.
Based in Hobart, Tasmania, this position offers a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Australian owned company in a growing industry. It offers the ability to be involved with a wide variety of freshwater and marine projects all over Australia, New Zealand and further afield. The position may be moulded to suit the successful candidates’ skills and experience.
- Liaise with clients and the projects team to provide system design, costings and equipment specifications
- Help Deliver projects including hands on installation and commissioning
- Further develop Fresh By Design system design templates
- Provide system technical support
Skills and Experience
- Experience in the Aquaculture Industry with a specific emphasis on system design with proven experience in commercial system design and preferably in multiple species
- High level experience installing a wide range of aquaculture plumbing and equipment
- A full and comprehensive understanding of aquaculture principals including: System Design, Aeration, Filtration (Biological & Mechanical), Feeding, Oxygen & Ozone, Sterilisation, Pumps, Waster Water Management, Water Hydro-Dynamics & Piping Systems, Sensors & Alarm Systems, Electrical Installations Water Quality Monitoring. Specialisation in one or more of these areas would be an advantage.
- The ability to effectively prioritize and manage a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional IT skills: Excel, Project and CAD software
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers including troubleshooting services on-site and by phone.
- Project and budget management experience in the Aquaculture industry would be an advantage.
- Must have a manual drivers licence and ability to travel internationally.
- Must have a “can do” attitude, strong work ethic, be keen to learn and have fun at the same time
What’s On Offer
- A fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Australian company.
- A new role that can be shaped to suit the right candidate
- Full involvement with all projects and design
- Based in Hobart and help with relocation possible
- Full support and training to ensure the success of the role
- Become a member of a successful Project Team.
How to Apply
Please email your application including: a cover letter, a statement addressing the skills and experience above and resume to Ross Briggs – firstname.lastname@example.org
For information regarding this opportunity please contact Ross Briggs 0429 585 596 or email@example.com.