Handheld Multiparameter Instrument with Digital Sensors
The YSI ProDSS (digital sampling system) handheld multiparameter meter provides extreme flexibility for the measurement of a variety of combinations for dissolved oxygen, turbidity, conductivity, specific conductance, salinity, resistivity, total dissolved solids (TDS), pH, ORP, pH/ORP combination, ammonium (ammonia), nitrate, chloride and temperature along with depth.
The YSI ProDSS (digital sampling system) is a portable water quality multiparameter instrument for the measurement of several critical parameters – dissolved oxygen (optical), turbidity, pH, ORP, conductivity, specific conductance, salinity, TDS, resistivity, TSS, ammonium, ammonia, chloride, nitrate, depth (optional), temperature and GPS coordinates.
Designed for use in applications such as surface water, groundwater, coastal/estuarine, and aquaculture, the rugged and reliable ProDSS allows for the measurement of water quality parameters with digital sensors. The ProDSS uses smart, user-replaceable sensor technology that can be connected in any port and automatically recognised by the handheld while retaining the calibration data.
An easy-to-read backlit colour display, large memory capacity, simple calibration procedures, rechargeable battery and powerful data management program (KorDSS) all help to make your sampling experience more convenient.
The optional GPS and depth along with a wide range of cables and sensors (sold separately) allows for complete customisation of the ProDSS. Military spec connectors, IP67 waterproof, rubber over-molded case and 1-meter drop tests ensures durability to provide years of sampling even in the harshest field conditions.
- Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP)/Redox
- Optical Dissolved Oxygen/BOD
- Specific Conductance
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Seawater Density
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS)
There are multiple features of the ProDSS:
- Digital smart sensors are automatically recognised by the instrument and store calibration data
- User-replaceable cables and sensors
- KorDSS software (included) and USB on-the-go connector assist with data management
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Colour display and backlit keypad; menu-driven operation
- Long-life lithium-ion battery; ensures reliability and minimises waste
- Optional GPS
- Optional depth sensor and up to 100-m cable lengths
- Large memory (>100,000 data sets) with extensive site list capabilities
- Multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, and Chinese
- Military spec connectors, waterproof IP67 rating and rubber over-molded case
- 3 year instrument warranty; 2 year cable warranty (sensor warranties vary)
Not only have we answered our customers demands for a handheld instrument that can measure turbidity, the ProDSS can also measure depth (optional) in addition to pH, ORP, optical DO, and conductivity.
There are many options when “building” a ProDSS instrument. You can choose cables up to 100-m with or without a depth sensor and each of the 4 sensor ports can accept any ProDSS smart sensor.
The ProDSS will also work with the YSI ProODO sensor/cable to provide a DO only instrument.
The ProDSS is a true field instrument. The titanium smart sensors can easily be replaced in the field and our durable MS (Military Spec) locking bayonet-style cable connector ensures quick cable connection. A rugged and waterproof (IP-67) rubber over-molded instrument casing provides protection from the demands of field sampling.
Note: A conductivity/temperature sensor (626902) must be installed in a ProDSS cable for accurate measurement of all parameters.
Meter, cables, probes/sensors, and accessories sold separately.
All ProDSS instruments include a rechargeable lithium-ion battery (pre-installed), hand strap, USB cable for charging the ProDSS battery and for connection to a PC, universal AC charger, cable for connection to a USB memory stick, ProDSS quick start guide, and USB memory stick containing KorDSS software and digital copy of the comprehensive manual.